Managed WordPress hosting is a rather new niche area in the hosting world. It’s useful for people on the WordPress platform if you have limited knowledge or would rather leave the more technical tasks to the experts. I typically recommend managed hosting to those new to the hosting (and website) game, but ecommerce is a little different.
Since many ecommerce professionals have lots to do on a daily basis, the idea of worrying about hosting sounds silly. And that’s what companies like Kinsta are trying to help out with. I want to complete a full Kinsta review, since the brand has done an impressive job with its managed WordPress hosting, and the extra performance, tools and assistance should potentially pay for itself when your customers start noticing the better experience.
So, keep reading to learn more about the Kinsta Hosting offerings, and take note of the unique features that might make your WooCommerce, or any type of WordPress site, run better.
What Do You Get From Kinsta Managed WordPress Hosting?
WordPress users in need of managed hosting are sure to marvel at the speed, efficiency and customer support from Kinsta.
It’s all managed, so you’re time is spent elsewhere, and the dashboard is far cleaner than that of a traditional CPanel.
The majority of the features are covered in the next section, but it’s worth noting some of the technical aspects of those tools for you to understand why Kinsta looks so intriguing.
For instance, you get:
- A support team that’s created WordPress plugins and themes in the past. These are full-time employees who have years of training and experience. No huge call centers with people who know little about WordPress.
- Technology like Nginx, PHP 7, LXD containers and MariaDB so that your site is the fastest it’s ever been.
- A security network that constantly looks for and manages malware attacks, DDoS attacks and malicious code. You’ll also have several options for SSL support including a free solution.
- Your own stunning dashboard delivers stats, staging servers, new site tools and WordPress cloning features.
Kinsta has a wide range of plans, some of which are made for smaller businesses, while others are for the behemoths of the ecommerce world.
For those looking for super cheap shared hosting, this isn’t the solution for you. However, most successful ecommerce companies eventually need to scale up and go with a host that can not only support the traffic spikes, but also the regular database maintenance, security and backups.
You can go with Business, Enterprise or Custom plans. The Custom solutions require you to reach out to Kinsta, since the pricing depends on your own needs.
Regardless of the plan you opt for, you get the following features:
- The ability to choose your own data center based on your region.
- Free site migrations if you’re moving a site over from a different host.
- Expert support from WordPress experts.
- Daily backups so that your data is always protected.
- Staging areas to develop and tweak your website without the entire world seeing your changes.
- A powerful admin module that’s much easier to manage than a typical CPanel.
- A speedy setup built on the Google Cloud Platform.
Here are the plans to choose from:
- Business 1 – $100 per month for unlimited pageviews and visitors, one WordPress site, 5GB SSD storage, 50GB of server bandwidth, one free migration, four PHP workers, multisite support and much more.
- Business 2 – $200 per month for everything in the previous plan, five WordPress sites, 20GB SSD storage, 100GB of server bandwidth, two free migrations, four PHP workers and more.
- Business 3 – $300 per month for everything in the previous plan, 15 WordPress sites, 30GB SSD storage, 200GB of server bandwidth, three free migrations, six PHP workers and more.
- Business 4 – $400 per month for everything in the previous plan, 20 WordPress sites, 40GB SSD storage, 400GB of server bandwidth, four free migrations, six PHP workers and more.
- Enterprise 1 – $600 per month for everything in the previous plan, 40 WordPress sites, 80GB SSD storage, 600GB of server bandwidth, five free migrations, eight PHP workers and more.
- Enterprise 2 – $900 per month for everything in the previous plan, 60 WordPress sites, 120GB SSD storage, 900GB of server bandwidth, five free migrations, eight PHP workers and more.
- Enterprise 3 – $1,200 per month for everything in the previous plan, 80 WordPress sites, 150GB SSD storage, 1,200GB of server bandwidth, five free migrations, 16 PHP workers and more.
- Enterprise 4 – $1,500 per month for everything in the previous plan, 100 WordPress sites, 200GB SSD storage, 1,500GB of server bandwidth, five free migrations, 16 PHP workers and more.
The SSD storage from the lower plans is more than enough to keep your performance strong. It’s also clear that you get the highest quality support no matter which plan you choose. Once again, it’s not the cheapest hosting, but scaling up an online store isn’t all that plausible with a shared hosting account at $10 per month.
Kinsta Hosting Customer Support
Since Kinsta only sells managed plans, you gain access to direct expert support. So, it’s someone who knows what they’re doing and not reading from a script.
This comes in the form of ticket and chat support. The median ticket response time is three minutes, which is far better than the majority of hosts I’ve worked with.
You also get that coveted live chat module. There’s nothing like being able to work on your computer then hearing the ping whenever the rep responds to you. As you may have realized by now, it’s my favorite type of support.
As for online documentation, Kinsta has a blog for keeping you up-to-date on the company and any updates that come along. The knowledge base is where you’ll complete most of your own research, since it lets you type in a keyword then see a list of articles that relate. Most of the time a knowledge base is all you need for a quick solution, but it’s nice to have the speedy response time in your inbox or through the live chat.
Other than that, Kinsta includes backups and state-of-the-art security measures, rounding out the support and keeping you at ease at all times.
Who Should Consider Kinsta Managed WordPress Hosting?
Consider Kinsta managed WordPress hosting if you can afford it. Like I said before, there’s a good chance it easily pays for itself with an online store on WordPress. Your customers will notice the difference and you get to spend more time working on product development, design, marketing and customer support.
Both small and mid-sized online businesses can benefit from the performance boost, and larger companies typically need some sort of expert management like this. The only time I wouldn’t recommend Kinsta is if you weren’t utilizing WordPress.
Kinsta is also highly specialized in hosting WooCommerce sites as well, keeping the revenue, SEO score, ROI and user experience up by making sure the sites are lightning fast all the time. Find more on kinsta.com/woocommerce-hosting/
If you have any questions about this Kinsta hosting review, or would like to talk about your Kinsta experience, leave a comment in the section below.