August 3, 2017
Kabbage Announces $250 Million Strategic Growth Investment from SoftBank
Largest Equity Investment into Online Small Business Lending Company Will Accelerate Expansion
ATLANTA – August 3, 2017 –Kabbage Inc., a pioneering financial services, technology and data platform serving small businesses globally, announced today the agreement on a $250 million equity investment from a subsidiary of SoftBank Group Corp. (“SoftBank”) in Kabbage. This investment represents the largest equity raise in the online small business lending segment to date. The funding brings Kabbage’s total equity raised to nearly $500 million.
With this investment, Kabbage will expand its lending products for small businesses and will explore non-lending products and services for these customers. The company will also use the funds to accelerate its SaaS platform business that powers online SMB lending for global banks. The closing of the investment is subject to regulatory and other customary closing conditions and is expected to be completed in third quarter 2017.
Kabbage is a fully automated technology and data platform that provides access to funding directly to small businesses and powers lending for large global banks. Customers leverage this funding to build and grow their businesses, leading to the creation of more jobs and investment into local communities and the overall economy. The company currently operates in North America and Europe with plans to expand to Asia.
“SoftBank invests in market-leading companies that dramatically improve the customer experience and expand markets through breakthrough technology and data capabilities,” said SoftBank Managing Director David Thevenon. “We invested in Kabbage because their unique automated lending platform leverages open data networks and best positions them to empower small businesses around the world.”
Since launching six years ago, Kabbage has consistently driven innovation in small business financing by:
- Developing the first and only fully automated underwriting and ongoing monitoring platform.
- Providing more than $3.5 billion in funding to small businesses.
- Serving more than 100,000 small businesses – more than any other online small business lender.
- Maintaining 1.5 million live connections to customer data.
- Powering automated lending for three of the world’s top 50 global banks by asset size: ING, Santander and Scotiabank.
- Receiving prestigious industry awards for innovation, including: Forbes (America’s Most Promising Companies, FinTech 50), CB Insights (Fintech 250), CNBC (Disruptor 50), Inc. 500 (America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies) and Fast Company (Most Innovative Companies in Finance).
“Our partnership with SoftBank accelerates our goal of providing a suite of services to small businesses globally that is centered on real-time and persistent access to a wide variety of data,” said Rob Frohwein, co-founder and CEO of Kabbage. “SoftBank’s scale, global reach, relationships and unparalleled expertise in building transformative industry leaders make them an ideal partner for Kabbage.”
Source Link – https://www.kabbage.com/pdfs/pressreleases/Kabbage_SoftBank_Press_Release.pdf
The Kabbage Team is here to not only fund the small business loans you need, but to help you grow your business through free marketing tips, webinars, tools and more. Is there something you’d like us to cover or want to get your small business featured on our blog? Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Kabbage Team (see all)
You might also like these posts: